Sunday, November 14, 2010

Simon

Dear Rachel,

A couple of weeks ago, you and I were playing with stacking cups that have numbers written in English, French and Spanish on the side. I was trying to explain to you about different languages and was speaking in French a bit to you.  You started speaking jibberish back, which was kind of cute. I thought you were trying to speak French, but you politely informed me that you were speaking Simon.

Since then, Simon has become an actual language to you. You speak it to your babies and you speak it to me.  If I ever catch you mumbling and tell you I didn't understand what you said, you tell me it's because you were speaking Simon. I think you honestly think it is a real language, not just something you made up. It sounds almost real when I listen to it. You are so funny.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment