Sunday, April 25, 2010

Your Nicknames

Hi Rachel,

You have a ton of nicknames, some have stuck, some have not.  Grandpa always gave me and Auntie Kristi and Uncle David, so it was only natural that you would have a number of them as well. You are also at an age now where you are beginning to create nicknames of your own for your brother and sister. You call Cordelia The Marvelous Cormelia, and you decided that Kingsley's nickname should be Frog.  Here is why we call you what we do:

Rach, Rachie: Obviously short forms of your name. A lot of people call you Rachie, like Silvia and Eric and Cordelia (Chay-chee). 

Turtle, Turtle D: this was your first nickname and I gave it to you. When I was in the hospital with you after your birth you would do a weird stretch where your head would suddenly stretch out from your body and you would make a face with like you were going face first into the wind. It reminded me of an old turtle coming out of it's shell. You were my first baby and the first newborn I had spent anytime with, so I didn't know that most (all?) babies make this face. 

Mr. Miagee: another name you had as a baby. When I picked you up under your arms, you'd scruch in and it would remind me of that bird pose in Karate Kid (which is a movie from way before your time).  Mr. Miagee was a character in that movie.

Rachel B, Miss B, Rachie B, Baby B, Angel B: all things from your name and initials.

Love Mommy

1 comment: